Monday, October 23, 2006

Walk. Don't Walk. Run...fast.

I'm listening to Sufjan Stevens, "The Avalanche..." Check out my run here. Rush hour could quite possible be one of the worst times to run. Ever. I've run very similar routes to the one above during early morning hours and late evening hours - those were all dandy. Rush hour yielded about 6 - 8 red lights [and Don't Walk signs]. I would wager to say that they slowed me down for a minute or two [seriously]. It's pretty obvious to anyone who drives or lives in Birmingham's City Center that 5:30 was not the optimum time for me to run. The flashing red walking man just means that I need to run faster or I'll have to wait the light out. Sprinting across those lights meant that I almost pulled a hammie in my left leg [which would have been stupid]. In addition, I have a nicely formed large blister right before my big ugly toe on my right foot [must be the new shoes]. I am falling in love with running again... So if you were driving down here during that time and you saw a long sleeved large half asian man running in front of you as your light was changing green, then "my bad." Today's Run: 4:04 miles Time: 36min 57sec / 9:09 per mile Prescribed Distance for 10k Training: 4 miles Prescribed Time: 39min 20sec / 9:50 per mile

No comments: