Saturday, October 28, 2006

9.98 Today...I feel a little funny.

Check out my run here! I went 2 100th's of a mile short of 10 today. I guess I could have run one more block, but I'll save that barrier for another time. I was actually only supposed to do 8, and I really do feel like I've overdone it. I have a new blister on my right foot [this isn't so much of a big deal, but I just drained the other overly large blister there on Wednesday]. Thanks to band-aids [Publix brand for the cost conscious] I no longer get chaffed nipples, but no band-aids would be large enough for my inner thighs. I don't know if any band-aids are large enough for those. Not only that, but I have two red marks on my lower back - presumably chaffing from my underroo's and my shorts. This too was unexpected. To top it off, my right knee has hurt like it's never hurt before - it's not really sharp, just dull...and a little scary. But hey, diggy doo and I run ten miles [you'd have to search This American Life to understand what I'm talking about - diggy doo...look for "mermaid"]. Lots of city streets with not a lot of traffic, because the only people who drive in the city on Saturday afternoons are people who live here [which are fewer than who work here] or people who are lost. Altogether, I liked it [I also beat a man and his son running up hill - they were on bicycles]. Oh yeah, speaking of bicycles, my Trek 4500 was stolen yesterday. If you did it, beware: I notified the police today and they said due to the cost [$500+] they would pursue it as a felony. Officer came up to my apartment and everything. Nice guy. Today's Run: 9.98 miles Time: 1hr 28min 26sec / 8:52 per mile Prescribed Distance for 10k Training: 8 miles Prescribed Time: 1hr 18min 40sec / 9:50 per mile

2 comments:

4Runner said...

As a runner, I'm sure you are aware of the runner's best friend for inner thigh chaffing: Vaseline. That, or what's worked for me so far is Under Armor biker shorts, or Compression Shorts is the official name I think. Then again, I haven't put my shorts through any more than 3 miles at one time either. :)

G. Twilley said...

Jonathan, thanks for the comment. Everytime I go to the grocery I look for Vaseline. Unfortunately, I can't ever [I am not lying] find it. I would ask one of the fine people @ Publix, but I can never find them either [strange enough]. Compression shorts might be a good idea. As it is, I wear boxer briefs - but maybe the shorts would go a little further down my leg?

Keep on running man, 3 miles is more than some people walk in an entire day!