Saturday, October 21, 2006

Rolling hills under the bright Southern sun...

Today's run is here. La was working on artwork at our Alma Mater and I decided that it would be a wonderful setting for my next long run. When I was attending the University of Montevallo, I thought that this route was actually about a mile shorter than it is. I started out under the shade of trees hanging over cold pavement near the University. My run didn't start until about midday, though the air was still chill. There were a few big hills in the first 2 or 3 miles, but they reminded me of when things were simpler. They reminded me of when my friend Eric was still alive, and how he would have thought that it was ridiculous that I was running this far. They reminded me of how my dad would have thought the same thing. I looked to the right and saw lush green fields surrounded by autumn trees. I looked to the right and saw a field of horses. One of them was laying down. I thought about running to the front door and asking about that horse but decided against it. I ran with only the sound of my feet hitting the pavement above the rustling of wind blown leaves. I came to a stop when I heard the train blasting its horn before I rolled across the tracks a hundred feet in front of me. I ran in the grass when I heard cars approaching and thought about how quiet a place was to enable me to hear those cars from so far away. I've been running in new shoes [Saucony Propel's] and they have been super. They have around fifteen miles on them now and they really have suited me well. My body was most weary towards the end and I wanted to walk. I thought that if I could make it down the hill now then I can make it to 26.2 in February. I ran. Today's Run: 8.81 miles Time: 1hr 19min 21sec / 9:04 per mile Prescribed Distance for 10k Training: 8 miles Prescribed Time: 1hr 18min 40sec / 9:50 per mile of note: the picture is a special request from a friend. Also, as another friend has asked me about my schedule I've posted it on the page. thanks for reading!

No comments: