Monday, October 16, 2006

If I don’t run now...

I'm listening to Feels Like Home by Norah Jones. Tonight's run is here. I didn’t run this morning. I woke up too late. It was too cold. I needed to get ready for work. This afternoon, I lounged a bit. Time went by. It was cold outside. It was cold in our apartment. It was getting dark and the weather was rainy all day [it still is].

I kept telling Laura, “I don’t want to run.” She finally told me, “Then don’t.”

I contemplated what sort of lazy disposition would keep me inside now. The thought came about that if I don’t run now, I certainly won’t run when things become very difficult. The weather won’t be warmer in February.

When you take a look at the statistics, in fact, Birmingham usually has 60% more rain in February than in October. On average, February is 16.8F degrees cooler than October.

I realized that if I didn’t run now, I wouldn’t run at all.

Today's Run: 3.15 miles Time: 27min 58sec / 8:53 per mile Prescribed Distance for 10k Training: 3 miles Prescribed Time: 29min 30sec / 9:50 per mile

2 comments:

Laura said...

Cool reflective strip. Can you make me one?

G. Twilley said...

It's funny that you comment here since we live together as husband and wife:-). And yes, yes I can.