Monday, November 27, 2006

Short Recap

On Thursday, I participated in the first annual Locust Fork Turkey Trot [put on my my sister in law and her cousin in law]. There were 13 in attendance. I think I did 6 miles, but it could be more. Sara is definitely much faster than I and really pressed my training pace. Last night I did another 10 miler. You can check it out here. I call it "1 Hilly Run," because it seemed like I was running up hill the entire time. All the down hills were steep and fast. The uphills were steep at times, but never fast. Little known fact, however: I think I tend to run uphill better than I do down. So...put that in your pipe and smoke it [if you're the smoking type]. I ran the 10 in just under a 9:30 pace - my training pace is 9:44 - so I'm beating that a bit. I'm looking for a few good races in between now and the Mercedes. Preferably, they'll be short races filled with slow runners and prizes so that I can win something. Let me know if you know of any. La and I just redeemed two "free" entree coupons at Landry's that were won by my unmatched speed in the 25-29 category in the Hueytown 5k. FYI: The coupons were for Entrees up to $9.99. We would have spent less money if we would have eaten at The Fish Market, which would have been closer to our house too. The cheapest entree [apart from a burger or a bowl of soup] hovered around $16.99. Most gravitated within the $19.99+ range. Not too cool for a chain fish restaurant. At least I can say "I've eaten at Landry's," [that is, eaten at Landry's using the tickets I won from winning first place in a race in Huey Town]. Another little known fact: I ran the Hueytown 5k because I looked at last years results and thought, "Man, I can run faster than those guys and I'll win free dinner."

No comments: