Sunday, November 05, 2006

Back on the reservation, they call me Crazy Face

I'm not 100% satisfied with my time yesterday, though I'm not 100% dissatisfied either. When it comes down to it, there were things that I didn't do during training that I should have done and I'm certain that there are things that I did wrong altogether. My face on this picture, however, is satisfactory as it makes me look mad [not in an angry sort of way, but in the mad sort of way wherein you might thing "This guy needs to be locked up"]. I especially enjoy seeing the strain on my fellow runners faces - this is after the very last hill of the race -about 1/4 of a mile from the finish line. Altogether, it was a fun race. I was suprised by my friends who did well and suprised by my friends who ran this as their first race. Congrats to all! Dissapointments [we'll end on a good note]: - Greg wasn't able to run due to an injury - Listening to the band [Old Dirty Shoe, or something to that effect] @ the after race "party" for what seemed an obscene amount of time - Being passed by pretty much everyone until the last 1/4 mile of the race - Not beating my PR [49:12 chip time in 2003 - 7:55/mile] - Chaffing [as always] - The new blister beside my blood blister on my right foot Good times [ending on the good note]: - Greg's wife placed 8th amongst all women and 2nd in her age category - Being passed by a man pushing a stroller, watching him pass many other people, and remembering that this was all about the fun of it - Hearing "7 minutes" after my first mile and "14:20" after my second - Beating last years time by nearly 7 minutes - Having my wife and friends cheer me on during the last quarter - Passing people running uphill on the last quarter to the finish - Eating Dave's Pizza afterwards [courtesy of Dave's Pizza] Gun time: 49:49 Chip time: 49:40 Pace based on chip time: 7:59.58 min/mile

No comments: