Friday, November 17, 2006

Like days of old...

[You can see our run here] Tonight was much different than runs of recent - I ran with a very attractive woman who also happens to be married [to me]. Laura hasn't been much for exercise since we've been back from South Korea [she's been somewhat sick since we've been back, but is gradually coming to health]. She hasn't run much at all, but she went 2.5 miles with me tonight @ 10min/mile! Needless to say, she was super. I expected that we were going to run a short distance away and then come back. She told me "I want to go to the track and run around it a couple of times." To be candid, I didn't think we'd make it that far because I knew the track was over a mile away. Not only did we make it to the track, but we ran around it together. We came back to the house - she stopped for the night and I tagged another 1.6 for a total of 4.15 [for myself] Here's a little known fact for some of you: In college, I used to run with a lot of different people [Laura included]. There weren't a whole lot of guys who would run with me - a lot of them just didn't want to go the distance. Most of my runs, therefore, were with the fairer sex. This definitely made for enjoyable mornings and I saw it as a much more beneficial practice than just going out on dates [though the said runs were supposedly without "romantic" overtures]. On occasion, I would run with other guys - but the funny thing about it was that they could never run as far nor as fast as the girls I was running with. Go figure. All to say, some of those early morning runs helped to develop the wonderful relationship I'm in now. Who would've guessed?

No comments: