Saturday, December 09, 2006

My running is more consistent than my blogging...

Check out Monday's run here. Check out Friday's run here. Running weeks go from Monday - Sunday [as Sunday, for most, is the big day - the day of Marathon], so I still have time for my last run of the week. This week was meant [by my training schedule courtest of Runnersworld.com] to be a short run week. After this week my long runs start increasing by twos rather than by ones [i.e. - my next long run will be 13 miles, that is +2 of my 11 miler last Saturday]. I'll do this for another three weeks before I have a shorty again. Friday was the coldest day I have run on...probably ever. When I got back in [after the sun had already risen], weather.com told me that it was 17F degrees outside...it also told me that it thought that it felt like 8F. I don't think our freezer gets that cold. Friday was also the slowest I've run in a long time - I clocked in at around 10 minutes per mile. But what should anyone expect? It felt like it was 8F degrees. I finish out my week with a 6 or 7 tomorrow to make up for the one that I didn't run yesterday [i.e. 4 instead of 5]. On a warmer note, we watched La's cousin-in-law run the Rocket City Marathon in Huntsville, AL today. She said she was shooting for 4:20-4:30. She ran it in about 4:11 - super girl! I was really inspiring to see all these folks running out there - to see the grimaces and smiles and everything else in between. It was especially interesting to listen to the announcements - in the Rocket City, they throw out a little factoid as X person is crossing the finish line. It was amazing to hear something like, "This is so-and-so's 53rd marathon!" We had a great time at the finish line - especially with La yelling out everyone's name as they passed [at least 20 individuals, or twice that] - in the Rocket City, they also type your first name in large letters on your number. She only received one strange look. I'm sure everyone else was just happy to finish.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Despite that look, I know Chuck really appreciated me cheering for him.