Sunday, January 21, 2007

The sort of things that make you hate the country...

Yesterday's run was supposed to be longer, but I just got tired of it all. You can check it out here. I got tired of the roads without shoulders. I got tired of the unending straightness of the roads. I got tired of the dearth of scenery. I got tired of the rednecks who kept honking their horns at me. So, I called Laura to come and pick me up. By the time she arrived, I had only run about 17.6 miles (which is about 4 1/2 less than I wanted to run yesterday). I felt like (and feel like, today) that I could run more. The worst part was the people honking though - there's only so much you can take. Altogether, I think I'm progressing well. I ran a 5 miler and then an 8 last week. This week I'm going to throw in a couple of extra short runs into the mix. I've a new addition to my regiment - a Camelbak. It holds 50 oz of liquid refreshment and certainly beats stopping every hour in hopes of finding someone who will give me a glass of H2O. I've also posted a new review for the watch I've been using. I give it 3 out of 5 stars, you can check out the review on Amazon to see why. I'll have this week's schedule up tomorrow evening. Thanks for reading!

No comments: